To Reach The Lumberton Fire Bureau
dial (609) 267-3217 Ext. 148
This office is manned on a Part-Time Basis
Ryan Hofmann, Fire Official
ext. 148 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Madden, Fire Inspector
ext. 149 – email@example.com
Ryan Engle, Fire Inspector
ext. 135 – firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS REGULARLY !!!!
The Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for the issuance of permits and conduction of all inspections required by the State Uniform Fire Code. The Fire Official investigates and reports on all fires in the Township. The Fire Bureau also conducts smoke detector inspections on all residential properties.
The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts an annual Fire Prevention Program held at the Lumberton Firehouse in October of each year as well as Fire Prevention Programs at the local schools.
Please remember that Fire Prevention is a year-round activity. Click below for the applications and instructions:
Smoke Detector Inspections
- Letter of Request, with Block & Lot number on it must be sent in.
- Certification will be given at the time of the inspection if property passes the inspection.
- A representative of the responsible party must be on location during the inspection and to receive the certification.
Agricultural Open Burning
- A MANDATORY Burn Permit from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Office is needed.
- After the NJ Forest Burn Permit is acquired, a permit from the Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau is needed.
- This permit can be obtained from the Fire Prevention Bureau office in the Township Municipal Building.
Special Events Permits
- A permit is needed from the Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau.
- The permit can be obtained from the Fire Prevention Bureau office in the Township Municipal Building.
- Special Events Include :
- Events where Display Tents are utilized
- Storage of Propane Tanks to be Used for Salamanders in new home construction