To reach the Lumberton Fire Bureau
dial (609) 267-3217 Ext. 148
This office is manned on a Part-Time Basis
Ryan Hofmann, Fire Official
ext. 148 – email@example.com
Michael Madden, Fire Inspector
ext. 149 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Engle, Fire Inspector
ext. 135 – email@example.com
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS REGULARLY !!!!
The Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau conducts all inspections required by the State Uniform Fire Code and is responsible for the issuance of permits. The Fire Official investigates all fires in the Township. The Fire Bureau also conducts fire extinguisher, smoke/carbon monoxide detector inspections which are required on all residential “Resale” properties.
The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts an annual Fire Prevention Program held at the Lumberton Fire Department in October of each year as well as Fire Prevention Programs at the local schools.
Please remember that Fire Prevention is a year-round activity. Click below for the applications and instructions:
Resale Inspections and Certification
- A fire extinguisher, smoke/carbon monoxide detector inspection by the Lumberton Fire Bureau is required upon the resale of a residential property.
- An application for an inspection must be completed along with payment of the appropriate fee prior to any inspection being scheduled
- Certification will be given at the time of the inspection if property passes the inspection.
- A representative of the responsible party must be on location during the inspection and to receive the certification.
- All Landowners must apply for a Burn Permit from the Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau at least 30 days prior to scheduling any type of burning
- A Burn Permit application can be obtained from the Fire Prevention Bureau office in the Township Municipal Building
- Any TAX EXEMPT FARMS are required to receive a Burn Permit from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Office prior to applying to the Township Fire Prevention Bureau
Special Event Permits
- A permit is required from the Lumberton Fire Prevention Bureau.
- The permit can be obtained from the Fire Prevention Bureau office in the Township Municipal Building.
- Special Events Include :
- Events where Display Tents are utilized
- Storage of Propane Tanks to be used for Salamanders in new home construction